FringeNYC 20/20: ANNOUNCING OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Click on these tabs for the basics, or view the video announcements below for more details.
In October of 2018, we’ll present:
- FringeNYC – A smaller adjudicated festival, all within one block, area, or complex.
- Convening – of indie theatre, featuring panels, workshops, speakers.
- FringeBYOV – a twist on Bring Your Own Venue, where venues in other boroughs bring their own artists.
Continuing everything established in 2018, plus:
- The National Fringe Festival – the 2018 award winning shows from affiliated fringe festivals across the United States will be invited to participate in FringeNYC 2019.
Continuing everything from the prior two years, plus:
- FringeDEV – Partnering with “Big Sister” organizations to create development opportunities for FringeNYC artists, both locally and nationally.
These organizations and individuals are on board with FringeNYC 20/20!
- League of Independent Theaters
- Theater Development Fund
Can you see it? LET’S MAKE A FRINGE FESTIVAL!
Many of you remember what it took to start a fringe festival in New York City all those years ago. And to be clear: we know that we’ll face even greater challenges in the future – as together we write this, the second part of FringeNYC’s story.
But we also know that what we’ve created together is more important now than it has ever been.
And given the collective strength, resources, wisdom, stewardship, and energy of our community of artists, alumni, audience, and volunteers; we believe that we’re uniquely positioned to have an extraordinary impact on the future of indie theatre in New York City.
Won’t you join us? Your support and participation are both vital components of our ambitious three year plan.